Entry Level Cellar Person/Assistant Brewer
Perform the tasks needed to continue the smooth operation of the cellar in Boomtown.
Age 21+ & basic understanding of fermentation and sanitation. Must be able to lift 60 lbs and lift 35 lbs continuously throughout the day. Reliable and team oriented. This is a physically demanding position that involves getting dirty to get things clean.
Either 4 days x 10 hrs or 5 days x 8 hrs; 40 hours total per 7 day period.
Summary of position:
This position focuses on the cold side of the brewing operation. Activities cover everything from keg washing, tank cleaning, product packages, PO organizing, team participation, and general cleaning. The candidate will be able to achieve these tasks in an orderly, safe, and effective manner. This is a 3 month, fully paid, internship followed by full time employment. Due to the size of our brewery everyone learns every position on the floor; cellar, brew house, packaging, lab.
The cellar person will be involved and responsible for the following tasks at Boomtown
- Keg washing
- Making sure that all external surfaces are cleaned
- Operating the keg washing machine; checking chemical levels and efficiency
- Managing keg inventory & storage
- Racking beer of tanks into kegs
- Packing beer of tanks into cans via canning machine
- Helping all aspects of the canning line
- Packaging beer from kegs into bottles.
- Tank Maintenance
- CIP (Clean In Place) fermenters and brite tanks
- SIP (Sanitize In Place) fermenters and brite tanks
- Dry hopping
- Daily measurements of gravities and pH
- General work
- Assisting the team across the brewery. This includes, but is not limited to, activities on the brew deck, canning line, tanks, taproom, walkin, share space, grain storage, workshop.
- Team oriented partner. We’re a small shop, so teamwork is a must
- Able to work confidently alone and manage time/work load
- Positive attitude in the face of repetitive tasks & laborious working conditions
- Ability to work in all weather conditions. Boomtown is not an airconditioned production facility. It is hot in the summer and cold in the winter
- Lift repeatedly items that are 35 lbs (i.e. kegs)
- Ability to lift, move, and pour items that are 60 lbs (i.e. bags of grain)
- Detail oriented with a mindset towards sanitation and cleanliness
Benefits and Compensation:
- Joining an established and growing organization with forward career movement
- Liberal and professional working environment
- Flexible schedule
- Educational opportunities
- Overly generous beer allowance